Join me for classes, workshops and other events.
Special Interest Workshop
- Saturday, March 19 – Stress Busters and Mood Boosters
- 10 a.m. to noon, Thomas Dunn Adult Education Center, 3113 Gasconade Street, STL, MO 63118. Call 353-3050 for registration information. Fee: $20
- Monday, March 21 – Whole Grain Bread Baking, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Monday, April 4 – Once-A-Month Cooking for Singles, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Monday, April 11 – Vegetarian Cooking, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Monday, April 25 – Cooking for the Diabetic, 6 to 9 p.m.
As we age, our internal stress hormone-reducing mechanism becomes less effective. In this workshop, we will discover 20+ natural ways to beat the blues by turning down high cortisol (that pesky stress hormone) and stimulate dopamine and serotonin production (the happy/relaxing hormones) without medication. You will learn the effects of stress on your health and which foods can lift your mood. We will prepare and enjoy a good mood brunch together, too. Yes, chocolate is part of the class!
The following hands-on cooking classes are through St. Louis Community College Continuing Education and will be held at Maplewood High School Teen Kitchen, 7540 Lohmeyer Ave, 63143. Call 984-7777 for registration information. All classes are $29 each.
ServSafe Certification Courses at St. Louis Community College
Call 984-7777 for registration information. Each course is $169.
St. Louis City and St. Louis County Health Departments require that at least one person within each foodservice facility be certified in food safety. Information and skill development for individuals who are employed by, manage, or own food service operations in the hospitality industry. Class meets twice, skipping a week between sessions. The second class concludes with the exam. Textbook and answer sheet are included in the course fee.
- Saturdays, March 26 and April 9 – Florissant Valley Campus
- Saturdays, April 30 and May 14 – Meramec Campus
- Saturdays, July 16 and 30 – Meramec Campus
- Saturdays, August 6 and 20 – Florissant Valley Campus